- Soil is 49% Oxygen, 33% Silicone, 7% Aluminum, 4% Iron and 2% Carbon.
- There are 5000 to 7000 different species of bacteria in one gram of soil.
- The total living matter in an acre of soil ranges from 5000 to 20,000 pounds.
- Each year, 15 tons of dry soil per acre pass through earthworms.
- Soil develops from geologic materials such as rocks, glacial deposits, granite, limestone, and stream sediments.
- The stability of the foundations of our houses and buildings are determined in part by the soil they rest on.
- Erosion of soil from our lands clogs rivers and dams and decreases the usefulness of soil for growing plants.
- Over 1.1 billion pounds of pesticides worth 25 billion dollars are used each year, much of it ending up in the soil.
- Cleaning up toxic chemicals in the soil and water has cost $20 billion over the past 15 years in the United States.
- The United States has at least 36,000 hazardous waste sites present in our soils.
At Pro-Soil Ag Solutions we don’t have all the answers to the questions facing farmers today, but we’ve certainly shown time and again that our below ground management products can help the farmer and the environment. Our products improve soil health by stimulating and feeding native microbial life in the soil which creates a more active and higher microbial population which in turn and allows a more complete conversion and uptake of both macro (NPK) and micro nutrients.
Our products improve soil health by stimulating and feeding native microbial life in the soil which creates a higher yielding crop. To learn more about how you can increase your crop yield, contact us today!